Monday, January 21, 2013

A day off and good food

Today was Martin Luther King Jr. day. Many people had either work or school off. I however was expected at school at 8:30 this morning. I planned on getting up at 6:30 and then making the hour drive to school. However, I woke up at 7:30 to a text from my mom. I jumped out of bed and yelled at Josh that we needed to get up right now! I ran around the apartment trying to get ready. Josh, not being used to getting up so early, was moving very slowly, so I checked my email. The first email in my inbox was from my instructor saying that she was sick and class was cancelled. Josh was happy that we wouldn't have to make the drive because the roads were getting bad. I was happy to get an extra day off this week.

Now on to the good food. I made Tator tot casserole for dinner tonight. This is one of my personal favorites. It is very easy to make and it tastes so good. You can make it two different ways. Both ways are delicious.

burger or chicken
1 can of corn
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
tator tots
cheese

If you use burger spread it flat in the bottom of a casserole dish. If you use chicken, cut it into small pieces and lay it out on the bottom of the dish. Both ways the meat should be raw. Spread the cream of mushroom soup over the meat. Drain the water from the corn and spread it over top. Cover the corn in a single layer of tator tots. Set the oven on 350 degrees. Stick it in the oven and leave it for about 45 minutes. When the meat is cooked pull it out and cover it in cheese. Stick it back in the oven until the cheese is melted. Pull it out and Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment